At DASC, our mission is to care for each patient as if they are our family. We are continually adapting our practices to stay up to date with the most current requirements to ensure your safety.
We have implemented the following measures to ensure your safety:
- Thorough screening process prior to surgery for all patients
- Imposing visitor restrictions
- Screening protocols for staff and any vendors that must visit the facility
- Universal masking of everyone in the facility
- Making hand sanitizer available at the entrance to the facility
- Disinfecting work surfaces several times a day and disinfecting the patient care areas as soon as the patient discharged.
- Requiring staff to stay home if they are ill
We are following the guidelines and recommendations set forth by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In our operating rooms and across all patient care areas, we provide the highest level of cleaning and disinfecting.
Prior to Your Surgery
Within 72 hours of surgery, you must have a COVID-19 test completed with negative results. After being tested, you must self-quarantine until the day of surgery.
If at any time prior to the date of your procedure, you develop a fever or flu-like symptoms, please call your physician’s office to reschedule your procedure.
Day of Surgery
- You will have your temperature read upon arrival, be provided with a mask, and respond to a few screening questions.
- Following the screening process, you will be escorted into the facility to begin your preoperative care.
- For the utmost safety, visitors are prohibited at this time. Pediatric patients may have one parent with them at all times.
- It is very important to provide us with a phone number for your visitor as we will contact them upon completion of your recovery and will provide them with your instructions for discharge and your physician may call them to provide updates on your care.